Sail Boat Rental Request
$400+ Before Tax | Request to book
Bareboat is where an ASA or US Sailing certified & very competent sailor takes out our Charter Boat as the Captain with another ASA or US Sailing Basic Coastal Cruising (preferably Bareboat certified) first mate crew member. By going through extensive sailing instruction & training, most people can become a bareboat skipper. We may require a practical check-out to be completed before chartering, even if you have ASA or US Sailing certification. Rental Requests must be submitted at least three days in advance, we do not accept same-day reservations for rentals.
We accept ASA or US Sailing Bareboat certification on an individual case by case basis.
Pacific Sailing discusses the sailor’s experience and if it meets our ocean-going standards – preferably with a resume and oral confirmation from another one of our approved ASA or US Sailing charter companies, the practical bareboat certification requirement may be waived. Thus, it’s very important that bareboat charterers have experienced similar conditions.
The conditions on the Pacific Ocean and Monterey Bay here in Santa Cruz can be ideal, with winds from 15-20 knots, sunshine, and moderate swell: 2-4 feet. However, we can also get 20-35 knot winds, thick radiation fog, & high seas.
- Renters must be ASA or US Sailing certified up to the Bareboat or have an extensive sailing resume.
- Must have at least one capable crew member that can act as First Mate with an ASA 103 certification or equivalent knowledge (we do not allow single-hand sailing).
- First-time renters, if you are not a Pacific Sail Student that has completed ASA 104 at our facility, must complete & pass a practical checkout before their rental date. Click Here to see more details about our practical checkouts.
- Renters that have not sailed with Pacific Sail in the past three years may be required to complete & pass a practical checkout before their rental date.
- First-time renters do not qualify for multi-day/overnight rentals unless special permission from Pacific Sail is granted.
If you would like to submit a Sailboat Rental Request, an office member will get in touch with you as soon as they can. Rental Requests must be submitted at least three days in advance, we do not accept same-day reservations for rentals.
Rates: Before Tax Price
Bronze Fleet Full-Day: $400.00 on weekdays, $500.00 on weekends
- Little Wing: J-22′– $200.00 for the day (3 sailors maximum)
- Coup De Vent: 1995 Beneteau 31′
- Pacific Spirit: 2000 Catalina 32′
- Wind Goddess: 2001 Catalina 32′
Silver Fleet Full-Day: $450.00 on weekdays, $550.00 on weekends
- Evasion: 2005 Beneteau 32′
- Sea Breeze: 2005 Hunter 33′
- Nessie: 2008 Beneteau 34′
- Perspective: 2000 Catalina 36′
Gold Fleet Full-Day: $550.00 on weekdays, $650.00 on weekends
- Calliope: 2004 Elan 40′
*You can find photo’s of our boats under the “Meet Our Fleet” section in the dropdown menu.
*Rental Requests must be submitted at least three days in advance, we do not accept same-day reservations for rentals.
*Discounted summer evening rentals, starting at 3:00pm, are available upon request (Available May – October)
*All rental boats MUST be returned to the harbor 1-hour before sunset unless receiving pre-approval.
*Pets are not permitted on our boats.
Pacific Sailing is an accredited American Sailing Association sailing school and yacht charter company with a fleet of 10 sailing yachts from 27-46 feet. We offer all levels of sailing instruction, Team Building Regattas, Skippered Charters, and Bareboat Charters.
790 Mariner Park Way
Santa Cruz, CA 95062